A lifestyle
While going through my Facebook timeline earlier today, I came across a post by my friend Ughanze Emanuel (Emma) and just could not stop reading it. I was so captivated and engrossed by the post as it spoke my mind to the very last letter. Here it is
"I am really tired of the stereotypes GOSPEL nd secular music nd musicians... How are we planning to take dominion as so called GOSPEL singers if your music doesn't in anyway affect people of the world, it sometimes doesn't even affect the church .... Let's sing about love, hardwork, integrity, success, happiness,politics nd I dare say, sex!!... Don't crucify me yet just get wat i am saying.... Jesus said salvation comes from the jews right??? Songs of Solomon. Psalms, these scriptures talked about issues of lIfe through d art of music, poetry nd drama nd dey were written by isrealites in d old testament days... we don't have music ministers who sing about these things now. We have Left it to wizkid , davido nd d rest nd they present it in the way they know how, even during d political corruptions, w Left it to fella nd d rest... It is Good to sing about d holyspirit, Jesus, salvation nd all... But pls, try sing songs dat relate to everyday life.. Songs that we can sing in non religious gatherings, dance steps, beats nd playlets dat we can do in non religious settings....a perfect example is Nosa, his lyrics are just great nd inspiring .... I didn't sit to prepare dis b4 typing, na so e just dey for my mind dis morning... God Bless our “gospel” artistes .... Goodmorning friends...."
Inspiring!!
As I read through it, it got me thinking about the issues the church so often overlooks. Things like dating or courtship if you would rather use the term. So much we leave unsaid and as a result, our children rely on Troy and Gabriella to teach them what it's all about (no offense there, I actually happen to love HSM)
We are the light of the world. We are to show the way and the world follows, but it seems we have allowed ourselves get so"religious" that certain things are sacrilege and should not even be mentioned in our gatherings.
Christianity is a lifestyle. Let's live it to it's fullness!
Stay inspired ^_^
"I am really tired of the stereotypes GOSPEL nd secular music nd musicians... How are we planning to take dominion as so called GOSPEL singers if your music doesn't in anyway affect people of the world, it sometimes doesn't even affect the church .... Let's sing about love, hardwork, integrity, success, happiness,politics nd I dare say, sex!!... Don't crucify me yet just get wat i am saying.... Jesus said salvation comes from the jews right??? Songs of Solomon. Psalms, these scriptures talked about issues of lIfe through d art of music, poetry nd drama nd dey were written by isrealites in d old testament days... we don't have music ministers who sing about these things now. We have Left it to wizkid , davido nd d rest nd they present it in the way they know how, even during d political corruptions, w Left it to fella nd d rest... It is Good to sing about d holyspirit, Jesus, salvation nd all... But pls, try sing songs dat relate to everyday life.. Songs that we can sing in non religious gatherings, dance steps, beats nd playlets dat we can do in non religious settings....a perfect example is Nosa, his lyrics are just great nd inspiring .... I didn't sit to prepare dis b4 typing, na so e just dey for my mind dis morning... God Bless our “gospel” artistes .... Goodmorning friends...."
Inspiring!!
As I read through it, it got me thinking about the issues the church so often overlooks. Things like dating or courtship if you would rather use the term. So much we leave unsaid and as a result, our children rely on Troy and Gabriella to teach them what it's all about (no offense there, I actually happen to love HSM)
We are the light of the world. We are to show the way and the world follows, but it seems we have allowed ourselves get so"religious" that certain things are sacrilege and should not even be mentioned in our gatherings.
Christianity is a lifestyle. Let's live it to it's fullness!
Stay inspired ^_^
Comments
Post a Comment