A discovery

Having a conversation yesterday, I came to realise that I made a very fatal mistake . I assumed I knew someone simply because I felt since we are so close I by default know the person and we are more it less the same. I can't begin to explain how horribly wrong I was.

It got me thinking how often we fail to actually know the people around us, and just go about assuming. Note that Every individual us exactly that-an individual.

To go about placing people into neat little boxes is to defeat the whole essence of a world full of independent individuals from different walks of life pursuing different things.

When it comes to background, I've learnt the hard way to never take it for granted. It's a very strong determining factor of someone's personality. But don't get me wrong. I am not in anyway implying that where a person comes from is who they must become. No. However, it does determine how they react to things in life. It's important to understand this about a person when getting into a conversation. It minimises assumptions and allowss both parties to be well aware of each other.

This will actually help to improve the quality and depth of the conversation. There is freedom of expressing because all "boxes", of assumption and judgement have been thrown out of the picture . the individuals are then free to open up and be real with each other.



 


Inspired by a very real conversation I had yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts

Embrace It

On editorial work and other stuff

showing appreciation